The Objective of the Union shall be to carry out the socio-economic development of the Milk Producers by organizing effective Village Based Milk Procurement System in each and every village of both the districts of Balasore & Bhadrak.
To achieve the above objectives, the Union may
- Undertake propaganda to enroll more and more women members in dairy cooperative societies for their socio-economic development who are the back bone of family.
- Purchase milk from rural dairy farmers round the year without affecting interest of the bonafied members.
- Organise new milk producers’ co-operative societies and advice, guide, assist, rectify, control or take over their management partially or fully when necessary by the Additional Registrar of Co-operative Society, Dairy.
- Provide technical input services for enhancement of clean and quality milk from farmers through Dairy Co-op. Society.
- Encourage growing of green fodder activities to maximize the profit and minimize the cost of production of milk by dairy farmers.
- Provide training to bonafied pourer farmer members of DCS, DCS staff, BMC staff and employees of Milk Union.
- Own or hold on lease or otherwise movable or immovable properties and dispose off the same.
- Purchase and / or erect building, plants & machinery and / or ancillary equipments.
- Insure movable & immovable properties of the union as may be found necessary.
- Settle all maters relating to common interest of the members and DCS.
- Impart amongst the members about cooperative knowledge and its application.
- Motive the DCS pourer about the benefits of saving schemes.